- Local News
Powell looking for Little 500 win
During the course of his 72 years, Jerry Powell has done a little bit of everything.
Powell has owned a trucking business, raced sprint cars, has his pilot’s license and is now owner of a racing team. He is also a tool and die maker and produces many parts on the race cars.
- Layoffs at St. Joseph Hospital possible
- NHS principal takes job in Lafayette
- Helping homeless vets
- Police arrest 4 dancers on sex charges
- Powell looking for Little 500 win
Northwestern takes down West Lafayette
Northwestern played a very solid game on both offense and defense in defeating West Lafayette 8-5 in the opening round of the IHSAA Class 3A Peru Baseball Sectional Thursday night.
- 10 area athletes advance to boys track state finals
- Eastern dominates Taylor in softball
- Northwestern takes down West Lafayette
A day in the life
My love for words was written into a hobby at an early age. I wrote stories about the nature I witnessed from my window, experiences I shared with my Pap and anything that came to mind. From age 9, most of my moments were stories my mind hadn’t written yet. For me, writing was the tool that enriched my experiences. If I went to the children’s museum and saw something that struck me, I’d write about it.
- Facebooks threads into more than I expected
- Kokomo Speedway
- A day in the life
Movie preview: “Star Trek Into Darkness”
Plot: When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within that has left Starfleet in ruins, leaving our world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction.
- Movie preview: “The Great Gatsby”
- Movie preview: “Peeples”
- Movie preview: “Iron Man 3”
- Movie preview: “Star Trek Into Darkness”
- Reader Photos
Harper Marie Roe, the first granddaughter of Tom and MeLodye Roe, was born March 14. Submitted | Melodye Roe