Assessing progress: Belle Ewing, 6, reads for her teacher, Jennifer Long, at Eastern Elementary. Indiana recently passed a law requiring all third-grade students to read at grade level before passing onto the next grade.
- Featured Ads
- Only on our website
LIVE BLOG: Massive tornado hits south of OKC
A massive tornado touched down Monday afternoon in Moore, Okla., just south of Oklahoma City. Follow live coverage of the aftermath of the storm.
May 20, 2013 1 Photo
- VIDEO: Tumblr sold to Yahoo! for $1.1 billion
- What you need to know about preparing for tornadoes
- LIVE BLOG: Massive tornado hits south of OKC
- KT Twitter Updates
- Community Calendar
- AP Video
- Voters Could Elect LA's First Female Mayor Huge Tornado Kills Dozens Near Oklahoma City Raw: Rescuers Pull Tornado Survivors to Safety Oklahoma Gov: 'Hearts Are Broken' After Tornado Raw: Walking in a Flattened Okla. Neighborhood Raw: Rescue Workers Search Oklahoma School Raw: Witness Describes Scene After Okla. Tornado Raw: Aftermath of Massive Tornado in Oklahoma Raw: House Burns After Massive Oklahoma Tornado Raw: Tornado on the Ground in Oklahoma Split-second Choice Ended With NY Student Dead White House Backs 'Shield Law' for Media Wave of Attacks Kills Scores in Iraq Pug Life on Display at Wisconsin Festival Company Promises to Make All Snail Mail Digital Analyst: Tumblr Fills Void in Yahoo's Offerings Commuters Face Delays After Conn. Train Accident Raw: Swarm of Tornadoes Slams Plains Raw: Fierce Bombing in Qusair, Syria RAW: TV Staff Take Cover From Tornado
The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake
It’s a bleak scenario. A massive earthquake along the New Madrid fault kills or injures 60,000 people in Tennessee. A quarter of a million people are homeless.
May 19, 2013 3 Photos 3 Stories
- VIDEO: How sequestration could affect US flood warning system
- Warning Signs: Technology speeds disaster alerts, response
- The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake