May 26, 1925 - Feb. 18, 2007
Inez Aretha Kitts, 81, Kokomo, beloved wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and great-great-grandmother, died at 8:02 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 18, 2007, at Howard Regional Health System. She was born May 26, 1925, in New Tazewell, Tenn., the daughter of John and Ollie (Mabe) Meyers, who preceded her in death. She married Vasco Verlin Kitts on June 13, 1942, and he preceded her in death on Sept. 10, 1987.
She had been employed at Kingston Products and Delco Electronics. She loved being with her good friends and family, enjoying cards and board games, bingo, traveling, shopping, writing and playing music. Her favorite singer and performer above all others was Elvis.
Surviving are two daughters and sons-in-law, Janis and Robert Bergman, and Sandra and Kenneth Fisher, Kokomo; one grandson and grand-daughter-in-law, Dr. R. Todd and Julie Bergman, Columbus; three grand-daughters and grandsons-in-law, Jennifer and Clay Miller, Colorado Springs, Colo., Julie and Jerry Johnson, and Lori and Pierre Malone, all of Kokomo; one stepgrandson and stepgrand-daughter-in-law, Tim and Linda Fisher, Alexandria, Va.; two stepgrand-daughters and grandsons-in-law, Natalie Jo and John Wilson, Westport, and Christy and Mike Shane, Kokomo; 12 great-grandchildren, 10 stepgreat-grandchildren, one stepgreat-great-grandchild; one brother and sister-in-law, Claude and Carolyn Meyers, Miami; one sister and brother-in-law, Oma Lee and Allen Silence, Kokomo; two sisters, Christine Louks, and Leva Sue Martin, both of Kokomo; one sister-in-law, Dorothy Meyers, Kokomo; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one brother, Fate Loy Meyers; and two sisters, Anna Mae Love and Nellie Lee (Ogle) Hoffman.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with the Rev. George E. Reprogle officiating. Entombment will follow in Sunset Memory Garden Mausoleum. Friends are invited to call from noon until service time at the funeral home on Monday. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
May 26, 1925 - Feb. 18, 2007
- Elizabeth Rayl Clevinger Sept. 11, 1925 - June 17, 2013 Elizabeth Rayl Clevinger, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 8:40 a.m. Monday, June 17, 2013, at her home. She was born on Sept. 11, 1925, in Gothenburg, Neb., to David and Amelia (Toomey) Deeb. She married Fred Rayl in 1948, a
- Jean L. Bennett July 31, 1921 - June 17, 2013 Jean L. Bennett, 91, Bloomington, passed away Monday, June 17, 2013, at the Richland Bean Blossom Health Care Center in Ellettsville. She was born on July 31, 1921, in Frankfort, the daughter of the late Dimmer and Lois
- Funerals Duffitt, Donald E., graveside services are 10 a.m. today at Fairview Cemetery in Tipton. Schulenburg, Melba L. services are 11 a.m. today at Emanuel Lutheran Church, 1385 S. Main St., Tipton. Greene, Barbara, services are 11 a.m. today at Porter Fune
- Audrey L. Rice Miller Oct. 8, 1955 - June 14, 2013 Audrey L. Rice Miller, 57, Kokomo, went to be with the Lord on Friday, June 14, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo. Her sudden death was a shock to family and friends. She was born in Tipton on Oct. 8, 19
- Gary Lynn Wasson Aug. 1, 1945 - June 17, 2013 Gary Lynn Wasson, 67, Kokomo, passed away at 4:50 a.m. Monday, June 17, 2013, at Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation. He was born Aug. 1, 1945, in Kokomo, to Paul and Wanda (Piper) Wasson. On Sept. 15, 1979, he m
- Varidene Nash Dec. 1, 1918 - June 13, 2013 Varidene Nash, 94, Tipton, died at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, June 13, 2013, in Miller's Merry Manor, Tipton. She was born Dec. 1, 1918, in Tipton County to Roy and Lovie (McIntire) Beamer. She was married Feb. 28, 1937, to Mor
- William 'Kent' Grainger May 2, 1942 - June 15, 2013 William "Kent" Grainger passed into the great unknown on Saturday, June 15, 2013. Kent was born on May 2, 1942, in La Porte, the son of Alfred C. and Georgia K. (Pitman) Grainger, but lived in Kokomo during his formative y
- Rosa Lee Gannon Rosa Lee Gannon, 65, Kokomo, went home to be with the Lord at 3:32 pm Friday, June 14, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital in Kokomo. She was born Oct. 21, 1947, in Kokomo to Middleton Smoot and Eula Mai (Neal) Gannon. Rosa graduated from Maconaquah High Sc
- Funerals Lamberson, Mary Ellen, services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville. Ennis, Donald W., graveside services are 1 p.m. today in Galveston Cemetery. Heaton, Joan, services are 2 p.m. today at Young-Nichols Funeral
- Funerals Bolinger, Michael, services are 10 a.m. today at Oakbrook Church, 3409 S. 200 West. Clevenger, John W., services are 10 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary, Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Bellar, Harriett E., services are 11 a.m. today at McCla
- More Obituaries Headlines